Songs of Schizophrenia
Vapor Music partnered with Rethink and the British Columbia Schizophrenia Society to create and release Songs of Schizophrenia, a compilation album to raise awareness and understanding of schizophrenia.
The album is a collection of songs donated by artists across a wide spectrum of genres. The songs have been remixed to include interruptive and at times frightening voices to demonstrate what people living with this disease can experience.
“Schizophrenia is a disease that faces a lot of stigma and is very misunderstood,” explains Andrew Stewart, interim executive director of British Columbia Schizophrenia Society. “Songs of Schizophrenia gives people who are unfamiliar with the disease an opportunity to actually experience what it can be like for people who live with schizophrenia. We hope that these songs help people foster a deeper understanding and empathy for those with schizophrenia.”
- Wendy Lands - The Soul of Saturday Night - Jazz
- The Mindsight - Release - Metal
- The Watchmen - Absolutely Anytime - Rock
- Disruption - Palm Trees - EDM
- Mark Pelli - Everything - Pop
- Cassandra Vasik - Sadly Mistaken - Country
- Michael Pickett - Love Don’t Mean It - Blues
- Crack of Dawn - Your Love - R&B Soul
- Nasty - Anybody - Hip-hop
- Sarah Jickling - This Time - Indie
Listen to the album on Spotify.